Your Maid of Honour or Chief Bridesmaid is like your right-hand woman so you need to choose wisely. Most brides pick their best friends but you should still consider if yours can handle the duties of a Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid.
Here are five tips to help you decide on the best person to serve as your Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid:
1. Choose someone you’re comfortable with: Don’t make someone your Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid for only sentimental reasons. You want to be sure this is someone you’re comfortable with. It’s important that you surround yourself with good energy throughout your wedding activities so choose someone who gives you good vibes.
2. She should be mature and emotionally intelligent: The pressures of planning a wedding can turn even the nicest person into a bridezilla. Your Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid should be able to handle any possible tantrums or meltdowns without taking things personal. This is not an excuse to use her as an emotional punching bag, but she should be able to stand strong in your moments of weakness and help you calm down.
3. A Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid should be reliable: You’ll need her to go on errands with you and sometimes for you. She needs to coordinate the other bridesmaids and make sure nobody comes late for the wedding. This is why you need a reliable person to be your Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid. She has to be responsible and someone whose words you can take to the bank.
4. Choose someone you trust: Your Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid will handle any cash gifts you receive and will probably carry your handbag and your phones too. If she can’t be trusted with money, she shouldn’t be standing by your side on your big day.
5. She should be sensitive and attentive: You need a Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid who pays attention to detail. She needs to anticipate your needs and make sure everything is going as planned. Basically, she has to make you the centre of her attention. She’ll dab at makeup where necessary and fix straps and make sure that you’re happy all through the day.
There you have it! I hope these tips will help you choose the perfect Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid. To ease the pressure on both you and your bridal train, give The Bride’s Assistant a call. Your happiness is our goal and we will deliver beyond your expectations.